A blend of frontier research, collaboration and services
Comprising over 40 researchers, the Centre has three main focal areas:
- Frontier research: Strategic and applied research in applied statistics, operations research and related disciplines, inspired by problems in industry, government and science & technology.
- Multidisciplinary research collaboration: Contributions to research and development multidisciplinary teams in industry, research institutions & government,
- External services: Continuing professional education, consulting and professional networks
Projects often involve a blend of these areas, such as:
- Complex systems modelling and analysis of environmental and industrial systems
- Risk assessment and surveillance in industry, biosecurity, finance and hospitals
- Spatial and temporal modelling in environmental and health systems
- Analysis and integration of data based on observations, images, signals, genetics, etc
- Analysis of large datasets
As part of its research, collaboration and services activities, DAMC offers the following programs:
- Targeted short courses for researchers, graduates and industry
- University-Industry Fellows and Visitors
A focus on outstanding training
- DAMC aims to provide an outstanding environment for education of industry-ready graduates in mathematical sciences, and complementary training of graduates in other disciplines.